Palak, Spinach Chicken Curry is one of my Family Favourite Non-Veg Dish. It is very simple to prepare & very tasty curry.
A very nice way to ensure the kids get the vitamins & minerals of palak along with the chicken.
It goes very well with Rotis, Rice, Naan etc.
Chicken – 700 Gms
Oil – 3 Tsp
Ginger, Garlic Paste – 2 Tbl Sp
Onions – 2 Medium size
Tomatoes – 3 Medium Size
Kashmiri Red Chilli Powder – 1 Tsp
Salt to Taste
Turmeric – 1/2 Tsp
Chicken Curry Powder – 2 Tsp
Garam Masala – 1 Tsp
Water – 1/2 Cup
Spinach/Palak – 2 Cups chopped
Ghee – 1 Tsp
* Use a heavy bottom pan
* Pour Oil and let it heat
* Add ginger garlic paste
* Add little salt so the paste does not brown
* Add onions let it cook well
* Add tomatoes, let it cook and add required salt
* Add Turmeric, Red Chilli Powder and saute well
* Cover with lid and let it cook well, open lid and mash with spoon
* Add chicken curry powder and mix well
* Now add the Chicken and cook for a little while
* Add water, cover with lid and let the chicken cook
* Once the chicken is cooked add Garam Masala
* Now add the Palak/spinach and mix well and cook, please do not
cover with lid
* cook in open pan and once Palak/Spinach is cooked turn off
heat add ghee and is ready to serve.