Bhindi, Vendakai, Bendekai, Ladies Finger/Okra Curry
Ladies Finger/Okra is a very Healthy Veggie but due to its nature we have very limited recipes that really bring the best in an Okra. This is one such recipe that shows you how you need to cook the veggie in spite of its sticky nature.
A very Simple, delicious & easy to prepare Ladies Finger/Okra Curry. Goes great with Dal Rice, Roti etc.
250 Gms – Bhindi, Vendakai, Bendekai, Ladies Finger
2 Tsp – Oil
1 Tsp – Mustard, Jeera
1 Tsp – Crushed and chopped Garlic
1 – Medium Onion
2 – Small Tomatoes
Salt to taste
1/4 Tsp – Turmeric powder
1/2 Tsp – Kashmiri Red Chilli powder
1/4 cup water
1/2 Tsp – Homemade sambhar / curry powder
1 Tbl Sp – Freshly grated Coconut
* wash and drain the veggy, please ensure the Bhindi is completely
* cut to pieces and dry fry in a pan.
* Keep stirring until it becomes non-sticky.
* In a Kadai heat oil, add mustard/jeera, curry leaves, Garlic and
* add Onions and cook well
* add turmeric powder and red chilli powder and cook well.
* add Tomatoes, salt and cook well.
* once the Tomatoes are cooked well add the homemade sambhar
powder and saute.
* add the Bhindi and stir gently.
* add water and cover to cook well.
* once it is cooked well, add grated coconut.
* Mix well and ready to serve.