Simple & Easy Mushroom Dal
Everyone of us love the simple & comforting dal. How would you like to take to the next level & add beautiful mushrooms to it. It is a very interesting & delicious combination. A very warming dish, simple to make.
* 1 cup – Toor dal (measured, soaked & cooked)
* 1/2 cup – Channa dal (measured, soaked & cooked)
* Button Mushroom – 1 1/2 cup
* Oil, Ghee
* 1 Medium – Onion
* 1 Medium – Tomato
* 1 Tbsp – Ginger, garlic (grated)
* 2 Tbsp – Mint, coriander leaves (Chopped)
* 2 Tsp – Salt
* 1/2 Tsp – Kashmiri red chilli powder
* 1/2 Tsp – Homemade sambhar powder or Curry powder
* 1/2 Tsp – Garam masala
1 1/2 Tsp – ghee, oil
1/2 Tsp – Mustard, jeera
Dry red chillies
* Soak the dal for 1/2 hour and then add sufficient water, turmeric
and cook. keep aside.
* Heat a heavy bottom dish and add oil and fry ginger, garlic. Then
add onion and saute well,
* Add salt and let it cook well. Then add 1 tbl sp of mint, coriander
* Add the tomatoes and mix well, once the tomatoes are cooked
well add the kashmiri red chilli powder,
homemade sambhar powder, garam masala and mix well.
* Add the Button Mushrooms, and mix gently, let it cook plz do not
cover with lid.
* Once the Mushrooms are cooked well, add the dal mix well, add
* When it is just about to come to boil add the seasonings and mix
(for the seasonings – heat oil in a smal pan, add mustard, jeera
and let it crackle then add hing, curry leaves, dry red chilies and mix it with the dal)
* Ready to serve.