A Lovely foolproof Chocolate cake that you can prepare & impress anyone, even if you are not a cake baking buff.
An easy Chocolate cake to prepare in a jiffy. It is one of my family favourite cake, I have impressed many friends, family members & the most of all my son’s friends at school parties.
Please do try it, follow the method. You can enhance the cake by decorating it with dusting powdered sugar or if it is a big event you can go big with chocolate ganache, chocolate butter cream icing.
1 Cup – Flour/Maida
1 Cup – Sugar (please measure and then powder)
1/2 Cup – Melted butter/ghee (for a healthier version you can use any flavourless cooking oil)
1 – Egg
1 Cup – Baking Buttermilk
5 Tblsp – Unsweetened Cocoa powder
1 Tsp – instant coffee Powder
1/2 Tsp – Salt
1/2 Tsp – Baking Powder
1/4 Tsp – Baking Soda
2 Tsp – Vanilla Essence
For the Baking Buttermilk –
* Heat 1 Cup of milk in a pan
* Once the milk is hot, turn off the gas
* Pour 1 tbsp of plain white vinegar or lime juice
* Mix it
* Then beat the mixture nicely in a whisker until the mixture is nicely incorporated
* Do the prep work and keep the buttermilk for baking and powdered sugar ready.
* Mix all the dry ingredients : Flour/Maida, baking powder, Baking soda, salt, cocoa powder, instant coffee powder.
* Sift all the dry ingredients into a bowl.
* Mix all the wet ingredients : beat an egg nicely, add vanilla essence, beat then add buttermilk for baking and beat nicely.
* Add the powdered sugar and beat till the sugar has melted, add the melted butter/ghee and whisk well
till all the ingredients have come together.
* Now slowly little by little add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and gently mix it all together.
* Finally bring all the ingredients together by folding the batter.
* Take a baking pan and grease it well then add little flour/maida and tap it around the pan to give a coat and remove the
* Pour the batter and spread it even in the pan. Bake at 160 Degree C for 25 to 30 minutes.
(plz check your cake in the oven after 20 minutes as all oven temperature are different)
* Once the cake has baked and to confirm if it is cooked completely, pierce a skewer, toothpick into the cake and if the
skewer comes out clean then the cake is cooked.
* Let the cake cool for 30 – 45 minutes and then run a butter knife on the side of the baking pan and slowly release the sides of cake to ensure the cake comes out easliy.
* Tilt the pan and let the cake come out slowly.
* Place it on a plate and ready the serve.