A lovely spongy caramel cake to prepare during the holiday season, especially during winter.
The Caramel, the mild Rum (the alcohol content gets removed while baking) gives the cake a lovely bittersweet flavour.
It is a special cake to make during this season, we can add many dry fruits of our choice like Raisins (light/dark colour), Cashews, Almonds for a crunch.
A recipe you should try definitely sometime. You will get to learn & enjoy different methods & textures while preparing this cake.
Please follow the method & you will see the results. It is enjoyed best when shared with Family & Friends over a cup of Hot Tea, Coffee, Green Tea & Cocoa.
A great snack to enjoy with Family & Friends during this Season.
Wishing Each & Everyone a Very Happy New Year, Have a Great Year & Stay Blessed.
250 gms – Flour/Maida
250 gms – Butter
250 gms – Granulated Sugar
1 cup – Raisins (soaked in rum for 10 days)
5 – Eggs (egg york & egg white separated)
1 cup – Water
1 tsp – Vanilla essence
2 tsp – Instant coffee powder
1/4 tsp – Cinnamon, cloves
1/4 tsp – Salt
1 1/4 tsp – Baking powder
* Put the granulated sugar in a pan over heat & let it carmelise, when it caramelises add water gradually, mix well & turn off heat & keep aside.
* Beat the butter (please note the butter has to be very soft, leave overnight in room temperature) & egg yorks (eggs should also be in room temperature) until it turns light yellow & looks fluffy.
Sieve flour/maida, salt, baking powder, instant coffee powder, cloves & cinnamon powder.
* Mix the dry ingredients slowly into the butter & egg york mixture. Mix well.
* Add the Caramel into the mixture. (if the caramel get tough as it cools you can add 1/4 cup water & mix well, plz make sure the caramel is completely cool).
* Mix the egg whites into the batter.
* Take the greased baking pan & add 1 tbsp of flour & dust the baking pan.
* Add the raisins into the batter & mix using fold method.
* Now pour the batter into the baking pan, spread it evenly on all sides to make sure the cake rises evenly.
* Please the pan in a preheated oven & bake at 160 Degree C for 30 to 35 minutes. Please check the cake in the oven after 25 minutes as each oven temperature are different.
* Remove the Cake & let it cool for 1 hour.
* It is ready to serve.