A very easy dish, you can prepare in a jiffy. It is a wholesome & nutritious meal. It is a one pot meal you can prepare during your busy days & also a great meal to pack for lunch. With a great combination of Raitha & Potato Chips, you will enjoy every bite.
* 2 Cups – Rice (I used Sona Masoori) – washed & soaked for 20-30 minutes
* 5 Tsp – Oil
* 2 Tsp – ghee
* 3 Medium Onions
* 4 -5 Medium ripe Tomatoes
* 10-12 garlic (lightly mashed)
* 1 Tsp – Saunf, Fennel seeds
* 6 – 7 numbers Elakkai, Elaichi, Cardamom pods (lightly mashed)
* Curry Leaves
* ½ Tsp – Turmeric powder
* ½ Tsp – Kashmiri Red Chilli powder
* 3 Tsp – Homemade Sambhar Powder or Curry powder
* Green Chillies – 4-5 slit into two
* 1 cup – Avarekalu / Mochai (deshelled) / you can also use fresh green peas.
* 3 ½ Cups – Water
* 1 Tbsp – Coriander chopped
Salt to taste
*Wash 2 cups rice & soak in water for 20-30 minutes.
* Heat a pressure cooker, add oil & ghee.
* In low heat fry Saunf, elaichi, curry leaves, garlic, green chillies.
* In medium heat add onions & sauté well, add salt & cook till it is translucent.
* Add turmeric mix well.
* Add tomatoes sauté well, add salt, cover & cook till the tomatoes are soft.
* Add 1 tsp Kashmiri red chilli powder.
* Add 3 Tsp Homemade Sambhar powder or Curry powder. Sauté well.
*Add the rice and mix well with a silicon or wooden spoon. Please mix gently as the rice may break.
* Add 3 ½ glass water mix well, add salt if required.
* Close the pressure cooker & after one whistle turn off gas, let the pressure reduce completely. Then open the cooker.
* Add 1 tsp ghee, 1 tsp coriander chopped. Mix well (gently).
* Ready to serve. Our suggested combo is Onion Raitha & store bought Potato Chips.