Every one of us love Sandwiches, due to their simplicity we enjoy making it & eating it too. We all have our own customized sandwiches & this is one such recipe.
Through our growing years we are repeated told carrots are specially good for our eyes & also it has many vitamins & minerals required for our body. Carrots have always been a great company to other veggies because we always use carrots along with many other veggies in our dishes. But this recipe/dish is dedicated to carrots only.
Carrots are known for their colour & sweetness. When they are sautéed they taste fantastic as they turn soft, the sweetness mellows down & it blends well with the spices we add.
We all have bread & carrots in our home at all times. This recipe is super easy & simple, but definitely not simple in taste.
Do try it, it is a recipe for keeps.
- 3 – Medium Carrots (freshly grated)
- 1 – Tsp oil (butter or ghee)
- ½ Tsp – Mustard, Jeera
- 4-5 – Curry Leaves
- 1 – Green Chilli (cut to pieces)
- ½ Tsp – Table Salt
- 1 – Onion (small or ½ medium onion)
- 2 Pinch – Garam Masala
- Few bread slices (I used Multigrain Bread)
- Few Tbsp of Tomato Ketchup
- Few Tbsp of Cream Cheese (I used plain cream cheese)
- Butter (to toast the sandwich)
- Heat a Kadai & add oil, mustard, jeera. Let it crackle.
- Add curry leaves, green chillies & sauté.
- Add onions & table salt, sauté well.
- We need to cook the onions till it is translucent.
- Add the grated carrots & sauté well.
- Cover with a lid & let the carrots cook on low heat for a few minutes.
- After few minutes open the lid & sauté until there is less moisture in the carrots.
- To check if the carrots are cooked – they need to be soft & they change from bright orange to yellowish orange in colour.
- Then add garam masala, mix well & turn off heat.
- With tongs remove the green chillies & curry leaves.
- Transfer the sautéed carrots to a bowl. (This quantity will make 3-4 sandwiches)
- Now we need to assemble the sandwich.
- Spread tomato ketchup on one side of the bread.
- Spread Cream cheese on the other slice of bread. Spread it evenly on all sides. (I used plain cream cheese).
- On the bread with cream cheese we fill sautéed carrots mixture. We spread it evenly on all sides, it has be ½ inch on the bread.
- If you are a “cheeseaholic” you can place a cheese slice also. (Cheddar cheese is good).
- We close the ketchup-spread bread slice on the carrot mixture slice.
- We can serve as it is or we can serve along with ketchup or any dip.
- We can toast the bread on a pan with butter & serve.