We are at the peak of Summer in India & even though it is super hot we look forward to eating cold fun food to beat the heat. It is a fun time for kids & adults who make the best out of summer to enjoy Seasonal Fruits, Cold Beverages, Ice-Creams etc. Although buying from stores is good once in a while we prepare Seasonal Fruit Juices, Salads, Puddings, Ice-Creams at home too. This Pudding is for all the Fresh Mango, Pudding/Ice-Cream Lovers.
This Yummy Cream & Fresh Mango Summer Pudding is a totally fun dish to prepare & heavenly to eat.
The pudding is a basic recipe & to make it super delicious I added seasonal fruit Mango which is available in every nook & cranky in India right now. The one & only reason we Indians look forward to summer if I may say so is for the Juicy Delicious Mangoes.
You can also make this pudding with any seasonal fruit available like any Berries, Cherry, Papaya, Banana, Jackfruit, Melon etc. We need to make sure the fruit is not too juicy like Water Melon etc as the pudding will not set due to the high water content in the fruit.
This pudding is creamy from the milk & fresh cream, sweetness from the sweetened condensed milk & the best part of the pudding is the beautiful sweet, juicy bite in-between from the fresh mango pieces.
Please do try this recipe, it can be prepared in a jiffy & takes time only to set & chill. I can guarantee you that it will get over in minutes when you are serving this to family & friends.
- 1 Cup – Milk (I used normal milk which we drink regularly, 3% fat)
- 2 Cups – Fresh Cream
- 1 Cup – Sweetened Condensed Milk
- 3 Tsp – Gelatin (tiny crystals)
- ½ Tsp – Vanilla Essence
- 2 Cups – Fresh Mango diced (I used the Mango variety called Mallika, you can use any ripe firm Mango too)
- ½ Cup – Tutty-Frutti (candied fruit bits)
- 6-8 – Sweetened Cherries
- Pour milk into a saucepan & heat it on medium for a minute.
- Once you can see the milk is just hot remove from heat & pour it into a big bowl.
- Now add the gelatin crystals & whisk it nicely for a minute.
- We let it sit for a few seconds after which we mix with a spoon & then check if the gelatin has dissolved completely.
- When we dip the spoon into the mixture & spoon comes out clean then the gelatin has dissolved & the milk has cooled down, we proceed to the next step.
- Now we pour the fresh cream & mix well.
- We add the vanilla essence & mix well.
- Then we add the sweetened condensed milk & mix well until the sweetened condensed milk has mixed completely into the mixture.
- We add the diced fresh mangoes & mix gently.
- Now we set the pudding bowl in the refrigerator for atleast 3 hours to let the pudding set well.
- After 3 hours we take it out & check if the pudding has set.
- We shake the bowl gently, if the pudding is set it will have a firm wobble/jiggle.
- The pudding is ready to serve.
- Scoop the required amount into a nice Ice-cream cup.
- Sprinkle a few bits of Tutti-Frutti, serve with a Cherry on top.