A Simple Easy & Delicious Tomato Egg Curry, is for those busy days when you want to prepare something easy healthy & tasty curry with no fuss. It has come to my rescue on busy days & yet has made our meal fulfilling & enjoyable. I would like to share this recipe with you so you can enjoy it as much as my family does.
An easy egg curry that you must give a try & it will definitely become one of your recipes to prepare when you are running short of time.
Goes great with Phulkhas, Dosas, Puris, Bread or Toast too
- 1 Medium – Onion (finely chopped)
- 3 Medium – Tomatoes (finely chopped)
- 1 Tsp – Garlic (grated)
- 1 Tsp – Ginger (grated)
- 2 – Eggs
- 3 Tsp – Oil
- 1 Tsp – Salt (or as per your taste)
- ¼ Tsp –Turmeric powder
- 2 Tsp – Homemade Sambhar/Curry Powder (Instead you can add ½ tsp Chilli powder & ½ Tsp Coriander/Dhania powder)
- ½ Tsp – Garam Masala Powder
- ¼ Glass – Water (you can add ¼ glass water more if you want more gravy)
- 1 Heap Tsp – Besan/Gram Flour/Kadle Hittu
- Heat a wok/kadai (plz keep heat on low).
- Add oil, as the oil heats add garlic, ginger, salt & sauté.
- As the garlic, ginger soften add the finely chopped onion & sauté.
- We cover with lid & let the onion cook well for a few minutes.
- After a few minutes open the lid & the onion is cooked.
- Once the onion turns soft & translucent add the chopped tomatoes sauté well.
- We cover with lid & let the tomatoes cook for a few minutes.
- After 4-5 minutes open the lid, the tomatoes are soft.
- Mash the tomatoes gently with the back of the spoon so we get more gravy.
- Once the tomatoes are cooked well add turmeric powder, homemade sambhar/curry powder & sauté well (this gives moderate heat add more if you want more heat).
- Now add the besan/gram flour & sauté well (the besan/gram flour is added for flavour & as a thickener).
- We cover with lid & let it all cook for a minute.
- After a minute open the lid, sauté.
- Now add garam masala & mix well.
- Add ¼ glass water mix well (add a little more if you wish more gravy).
- Then drop the eggs one by one into the curry (plz turn heat to low, break eggs in a cup & then drop them in the curry so there are no broken shells in the curry).
- No need to mix, we cover with lid & let it cook for about 2 minutes.
- After 2 minutes we open the lid & as the eggs cook, just once we gently mix the eggs.
- Now we cover with lid & let the eggs cook (we need to make sure we do not mix the curry too much).
- After about 3-4 minutes the eggs should be cooked, they need to be firm & soft.
- With a spoon gently mix it all.
- Turn off heat & Ready to Serve.