Chicken Liver Fry, simple, quick delicious recipe. A delicacy enjoyed by many, usually loved by kids for its buttery texture when cooked.
Ginger Garlic & Onion are sautéed in oil/ghee/butter until they are slightly caramelized to bring out the sweetness & then Chicken Liver is sautéed in along with spices (coriander powder, curry powder, garam masala) cooked just right, finally sprinkled with coarsely ground pepper & coriander leaves. They taste absolutely delicious please do give it a try.
They go great as side dish with Dal/Rasam/Curd Rice, Phulkhas, Puri etc.
- Chicken Liver (750 Gms)
- 1 Large Onion
- 1 Tbsp – Garlic (freshly grated)
- 1 Tbsp – Ginger (freshly grated)
- Salt as per taste
- 2 Tsp – Oil
- ¼ Tsp – Turmeric Powder
- 2 Tsp – Ghee/Butter
- 2 Heap Tsp – Coriander Powder
- ½ Tsp – Garam Masala
- 1 Tsp – Homemade Sambhar/Curry Powder (instead you can add ½ tsp chilli powder)
- 1 Tbsp – Fresh Coriander/Dhania Leaves
- Heat a heavy pan & add oil, ghee/butter (please keep heat on low).
- Add grated garlic, ginger, salt & sauté well.
- We cover with lid & let the ginger, garlic cook well.
- After a minute open lid & stir we need to cook it till it turns slightly brown.
- Then add finely chopped onion & sauté well (please keep heat on medium).
- We cover with lid to let onions cook well.
- After a few minutes we open lid add turmeric powder, sauté & again cover with lid to cook until they start to slightly brown.
- We open lid & once they start to slightly brown we stir & then add coriander/dhania powder & mix well.
- As the mixture cooks with the back of a spoon mash the mixture so we get good gravy.
- Now we add the chicken liver & gently mix (please keep heat on medium or medium low).
- We cover with lid & let it cook (no need to add water as they will release their juices as they cook).
- After a few minutes we open lid & mix gently once.
- Add ½ tsp table salt, homemade sambhar/curry powder & mix (instead you can add ½ chilli powder).
- We cover with lid & let it cook.
- After a few minutes we open lid & stir.
- Add homemade garam masala & mix.
- Now we again we cover the pan with lid & cook (Please heat to low).
- After 4-5 minutes open the lid & stir (chicken liver cooks fast, this quantity took 10 minutes).
- As we stir with a spoon we can cut the chicken liver pieces to smaller pieces if required as they are easy to cut once they are cooked.
- Also we check if they are cook, take a piece & with a butter knife cut it, if it cuts through softly it is cooked just right ( it is important they are cooked just right as if they are over cooked they may turn tough).
- Once they are cooked turn off heat.
- Add coarsely ground pepper, fresh coriander/dhania leaves (please add pepper after we turn off heat).
- Mix well.
- Ready to Serve.