Simple Easy Quick Mildly Sweet n Spicy Pumpkin Peas Stir Fry. A clean eating recipe for those days when you want to eat something clean healthy & you can prepare quicky.
This dish has unique addictive flavours, onions are sautéed to bring out its sweetness & to make it spicy & warming ginger, green chillies & coriander seeds/dhania powder are added & sautéed too. Then Pumpkin is added along with Peas which are sautéed & cooked until soft. For finishing touch grated fresh coconut is added, makes the dish so warming, mildly sweet from the Pumpkin & Peas.
Please do give it a try, you will love it & this recipe will definitely go into you regular cooking recipes.
This dish goes great with Dal/Rasam/Curd Rice, Phulkas etc.
- 2 ½ Cups – Pumpkin (diced or cubed)
- ½ Cup – Green peas (frozen)
- 1 Small – Onion
- 2 Tsp – Oil
- ½ or 1 Tsp – Ghee/Butter
- ¼ Tsp – Mustard seeds
- 7 – 8 – Curry Leaves
- ¼ Tsp – Cumin Seeds/Jeera
- 1 Tsp – Freshly grated Ginger
- 1 Tsp – Green Chillies (Finely Chopped)
- 1 Tsp – Salt
- 1 Tsp – Coriander/Dhania Powder
- ¼ Cup & 2-3 Tbsp – Water
- 1 Tbsp – Grated Coconut
- Heat a heavy bottom pan/wok & add oil, ghee (please keep heat on low).
- Add mustard seeds, jeera/cumin then add curry leaves & ginger & sauté.
- Add salt so it does not burn & mix well.
- Now add the chopped onion & sauté well.
- We cover with lid & let the onion cook well.
- After few minutes we open lid & the onion is soft & translucent.
- We add coriander/dhania powder & sauté.
- Now add diced/cubed pumpkin & sauté (please keep heat on medium low).
- Add water, mix well & we cover with lid & let it cook.
- Half way through we open lid & add peas & few tbsp water if required.
- Sauté & cover with lid & let it cook for atleast 5-7 minutes.
- After 7 minutes we open lid & check.
- Pumpkin is cooked we stir & let all the excess liquid evaporate.
- Once all the excess liquid has evaporated we turn off heat.
- Now we add grated coconut & mix well
- It is ready to serve.