Quick & Easy Chicken Curry to prepare on busy/lazy day that comes for a whole day. So you are set for the day with this delicious Curry. Every one of us have our own chicken curry recipe. This is my home chicken curry recipe that I prepare on a busy day & we eat all day long… we have it with dosa, Idli or even toast for breakfast, for lunch we have it with hot rice & plain yogurt & for dinner we have it with roti, phulkas etc.
Please do give it a try, its simple but delicious taste will ensure you make it often & will definitely become a family recipe.
- 250 Kgs – Chicken (I used a whole chicken)
- 6 Tsp – Oil
- 2 Tsp – Ghee
- 2 Inch – Cinnamon
- 5-6 – Cloves
- 1 Tsp – Pepper corns
- 2 Tbsp – Garlic Cloves
- 2 Tbsp – Ginger (chopped)
- 2 – Green Chillies
- 1 Large – Onion
- 3 Medium – Tomatoes
- Salt as per taste
- ¼ Tsp – Turmeric powder
- 3 Tsp – Homemade Sambhar/Curry Powder (Instead you can add 1 tsp chilli powder & 2 Tsp Coriander Powder)
- ½ Cup – Coconut (grated)
- 1 ½ Glass – Water (to make the curry liquid, you can decide the water quantity as per your wish)
- Heat a pressure cooker & add 4 tsp Oil (please keep heat on low).
- Add Cinnamon, Cloves, Pepper corns & sauté.
- Add Garlic, Ginger, Green Chillies & sauté.
- Add chopped onion, salt & sauté (please turn heat to medium).
- Once the onion is soft & translucent add tomatoes.
- Sauté until the tomatoes are soft, then add turmeric powder.
- Turn off heat & transfer to a mixy/blender jar & let it cool.
- Once it cools down add homemade sambhar/curry powder, grated coconut & grind to fine paste & set it aside.
- Heat the pressure cooker & add 2 tsp oil & 2 tsp ghee (please keep heat on low).
- Gently add the ground paste into the pressure cooker.
- Stir it & add salt, water (please heat to medium).
- Now add the chicken & mix well.
- We place lid & let it come to boil.
- Once it comes to boil we lock the pressure cooker.
- We let it make one whistle & then turn off heat.
- Once all the pressure has come down completely we open the lid.
- Stir it. (if the curry is too liquidy, turn on heat, let it simmer for 10-15 minutes & it will be fine).
- The Curry will thicken slightly as it cools.
- Chicken Curry is ready to serve.